Have you hesitated to undergo laser treatments for your skin?
What has worried you the most? Downtime? Harshness?
That the treatment won’t live up to its claims?
When you understand the benefits of Clear + Brilliant, you won’t worry any longer.
What is Clear + Brilliant?
Clear + Brilliant is a non-invasive laser system that uses optical tracking to ensure that your treatment is applied evenly. This gentle fractional laser technology results in skin with a uniform appearance. Clear + Brilliant concentrates on the upper layer of the skin, replacing damaged skin with healthy tissue, leaving your skin looking more youthful.
Many clients notice a difference within a week or two of their first treatment. You’ll experience even more improvement over time with additional treatments. Most clients report visible improvements after 4 to 6 treatments. You decide the number and frequency of treatments with Glo Skin Spa.
The benefits of Clear + Brilliant are clear and brilliant!
Whether you’re seeking to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, minimize pores, or regain a youthful glow, Clear + Brilliant can address your issue.
- Clear + Brilliant loves all skin types. This process truly has something to offer everyone. The technology allows a trained skin care provider to customize the treatment based on your age, the condition of your skin, and your skin care regimen. Your treatment will be as unique as you.
- Clear + Brilliant helps keep skin looking its youthful best. A clinical study confirms that Clear + Brilliant delivers improved appearance in four key ways:
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines;
- Reduces the appearance of pores;
- Improves skin tone and texture, leaving your skin feeling soft and supple;
- And overall improvement in your skin’s appearance, giving you a radiant, youthful glow.
- Clear + Brilliant can prevent the visible signs of aging. Treatments are effective in repairing damage to your skin, but Clear + Brilliant is also effective as a preventative measure. Don’t wait for the signs of aging to be evident. Delay the appearance of aging before it begins to show.
- Clear + Brilliant addresses the overall effects time and the environment have on the skin. Aging can take its toll, but so can the environment. Your skin is not immune to UV rays, the cold and dry conditions of winter, or the impact of air pollutants, regardless of your age.
- Clear + Brilliant can be done any time of year. Your skin can suffer damage any time during the year, so you want a treatment that knows no season. Clear + Brilliant treatments are safe and effective all throughout the year.
- Clear + Brilliant has minimal social down time. The procedure itself generally takes 15 to 20 minutes and lasts no more than 30 minutes. Your recovery time is negligible. You won’t need to put your social life on hold after a treatment.
What to expect from the process
Before your first treatment, you’ll begin with a consultation. Even though treatments are generally suited for all skin types and all ages, Clear + Brilliant recommends that you discuss the procedure with a licensed health care professional to ensure that it’s right for you. Glo Skin Spa offers both Standard and Premea treatments so you can receive the proper laser depth for your needs.
Here’s the step-by-step process:
- A complete session should take approximately 30 minutes.
- You might receive an application of a topical numbing cream to minimize any discomfort.
- Your skin care professional gently guides the Clear + Brilliant hand piece across the target area. This part of the treatment generally lasts 15 to 20 minutes.
- You might also receive a topical antioxidant serum after your treatment or a biocellulose masque, depending upon your needs.
Because Clear + Brilliant is a gentle laser treatment, it’s possible to have the procedure done monthly. It’s completely up to you whether you want treatments to be part of your regular skin care regimen.
We encourage you to visit the Clear + Brilliant website to learn more about the benefits of this treatment. When you do, you’ll discover that Glo Skin Spa is the only location listed to provide this treatment in Midland. Clear + Brilliant wants you to feel assured that only trained professionals provide this service.
Now that you have the facts, call Glo Skin Spa for a consultation.
Wish you had plumper lips? Don’t we all! Fortunately, there’s a way to achieve this through dermal fillers. Juvéderm for lips is an especially great product to achieve the natural look you desire with very little filler added!
Lip Filler 101: What is it?
People seek lip filler treatments because they have thin lips and want a fuller appearance. They might also have vertical lip lines that are noticeable.
Lip filler is used for lip augmentation and for minimizing vertical lip lines. Lip fillers, like Juvéderm for lips, are a great way to boost your skin’s elasticity and plump up the volume to achieve a more youthful look.
Most lip-filling products are hyaluronic acid (HA) based. Juvéderm’s smooth-consistency gel for lips contains 90% HA. To achieve desired results, a minimal and precise amount of the HA-based gel is injected beneath the skin by a certified professional.
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally-occurring sugar found in your body that delivers nutrients to the skin. Specifically, HA helps the skin retain moisture and softness while adding volume.
Since HA is already found in your body, it is generally well tolerated by the body when injected. HA naturally degrades over time as it is absorbed into the body.
Because it is a trusted product, glō Skin Spa confidently features Juvederm for lips.
Juvéderm is an FDA approved injectable gel that is injected directly into the lips. It will augment the lips, producing a fuller appearance and reducing vertical lip lines. Juvéderm is the #1 selling dermal filler product in the world.
Juvéderm for lips offers two formulations:
- Juvéderm® Ultra XC
Adds more fullness and plumps thin lips.
- Juvéderm Volbella® XC
Tailored to add subtle volume to the lips and smooth the appearance of vertical lip lines.
Less is more: You only need a little!
Coco Chanel didn’t just have a point about fashion. “Less is more” is sound advice when applied to how much lip filler to inject. It only takes a small amount of filler to get great results.
How much lip filler?
The amount of filler needed to achieve the natural look in a full set of lips differs from person to person. The amount depends on:
- Your age
- Lip size
- Amount of skin looseness
- Your aesthetic goals
Generally, however, one milliliter of lip filler provides a natural look. A milliliter is less than one teaspoon
After a 1-mL treatment of Juvéderm, lips look fuller but still natural. A 2-mL treatment makes the lips look fuller than what looks natural.
Bonus benefit! Another benefit of the lip filler treatment is that lines around the lips are less noticeable.
Key reasons to get a Juvederm lip treatment:
- Adds volume and a refreshed look to your lips
- Softens the appearance of vertical lip lines
- Most filler treatments take 30 minutes or less
- Results can last nine months to a year
- Juvéderm Volbella XC is a 2017 Allure Best of Beauty Breakthrough Award Recipient
Procedure performed by an experienced health professional
At glō Skin Spa, we are lucky to have an experienced Master Injector who is celebrated in her field: Salena Dodman, RN, BSN. Salena possesses extensive experience with Juvéderm for lips specifically.
Salena Dodman, RN, BSN Aesthetics Nurse, Master Injector
Salena earned her degree in nursing from Saginaw Valley State University in 2001. After starting her career at MidMichigan Medical Center, she has clocked numerous hours of training and earned certifications in a variety of nonsurgical treatments. With several thousand patient treatments since 2007, Salena is one of the most experienced injectors in the country. She specializes in Botox and injectable dermal fillers, including Juvéderm.
Are ready to achieve the look you desire, look younger, and feel more confident? glō Skin Spa provides a variety of professional skincare services. Enjoy an inviting, relaxing, and luxurious setting – and leave with beautiful, luminous skin!
Contact us or call us at (989) 465-7721 to learn more information about Juvéderm for lips, schedule a free consultation, or set up an appointment today!
Collagen Builder through Microneedling
Microneedling is Collagen Induction Therapy. Glo Skin Spa uses the most effective therapeutic device called microneedling device, or Rejuvapen. This is a device that uses tiny needles to puncture the skin to help build collagen.
How does it work?
Ever burn your arm or hand from cooking? After the pain goes away, you probably noticed new skin emerging from beneath the burned skin. It looks like the old skin, but most likely more plump and rejuvenated. This is because when skin is damaged, whether by accident or on purpose (i.e., microneedling), the new skin emerging underneath is healing, additionally, forcing the body and skin to produce new collagen. Collagen can be found in the skin, bones, cartilage, tendons, blood vessels, etc. As early as the age of 30, our production of collagen is reduced, which is the reason we are all on the quest to replace it!
Skin Types Treated
Most skin types are candidates for microneedling. Typically, we see the best results with all type of skin
In addition to the entire face, microneedling is also done on the neck, decollete, hands, and any other areas that may have scaring or collagen loss. Our experts at Glo will deliberately numb the areas prior to treatment. For those that suffer from scarring or pigmentation, microneedling can be very effective. Depending on the severity, results can be visible after the first treatment. Typically, it will take a few treatments to see the visible benefits.
No makeup and wash with cool water and a mild cleanser for the first 24 hours post microneedling procedure. The redness typically subsides in 2-4 days then normal face cleansing routine can be done.
Why Micorneedling is Different at Glo
At Glo, we use a combination of three essential ingredients, which provide the best collagen-building results. We combine growth factors, peptides and hyaluronic acid serum which is spread onto the face prior to the (Rejuvapen) micro needling procedure. When the tiny needles break the surface of the skin, this allows the growth factors, peptides and hyaluronic acid to penetrate deeper into the skin for a better result, therefore increasing the collagen rebuild of the skin.
Please feel free to give us a call to schedule an appointment or consultation today! 989-465-7721.
Makeup by Jane Iredale
Friday, May 11, 2018
10AM – 1PM
Glo Skin Spa 6225 Jefferson Ave., Midland, MI 48640
Our makeup professionals will be offering a free afternoon of makeup education; discussing new trends, teaching application tips and tricks and answering any questions about makeup that you may have. This is the perfect chance to grab a gift card for the mom in your life or treat yourself to new makeup from Jane Iredale!
All makeup will be 20% off and we will be featuring limited edition spring items!
Light lunch will be provided to all attending. We look forward to spending the day with you!
Please RSVP: email@example.com or 989-465-7721
Is your skin ready for spring?
After a long winter, your skin has taken a toll – keep in mind, it’s the largest organ on the body. Here are some Glo Staff favorites to brighten up your skin for the spring and summer!
- Drink water like it’s going out of style. This will not only help your digestive system, but helps your skin radiate because it is hydrating your skin as well.
- A great exfoliate will shed the top layer of unwanted dead skin to give a great surface for moisturizer. This could be a physical (scrub) or chemical exfoliation (AHA/BHA from Skin Medica). https://www.skinmedica.com/products/brighten/ahabhaexfoliating
- Moisturize AFTER showers because your skin will be able to absorb when it is clean and saturated with water.
- Your skin needs protection from the sun, not just during the summer months. An SPF can be applied in the morning after your regular moisturizer. Our favorite is https://www.skinmedica.com/Products/Protect
- Take daily Omega 3 to help achieve and maintain great skin. Omegas help by regulating oil production. We like https://janeiredale.com/us/en/skincare/supplements/skin-omegas.htm
- Try a new spring look for your fingernails and toenails. The hottest colors range from cool nudes to dark and dramatic. https://www.harpersbazaar.com/beauty/nails/g12189903/spring-2018-nail-trends/?slide=1
- Sleep is imperative when trying to maintain healthy skin and body. Recommended 8-10 hours of sleep per night will actually decrease affects of aging on the skin. Additionally, the body and mind will recover during sleep, leading to increased cognition and memory.
- Until you are able to fully enjoy a healthy glow from the sunshine, a great substitution, which will add shimmer and just-stepped-in-from-the-beach look, is a combination of a cream blush combined with a tinted moisturizer, will give you an effortless glow! https://janeiredale.com/us/en/mineral-makeup/all-cheek-makeup.htm
Vitamin 9 A/B
Glo Skin Spa offers a unique nutrient injection therapy that delivers 9 essential vitamins, minerals, amino acids, botanical, directly to the body’s circulation, which provides faster sustained nutritional improvement versus oral supplementation. The vitamins are injected intra-muscularly (IM), which bypasses the gut (stomach and digestive system). This will ensure proper absorption to the organs. We combine a cocktail that consists of B1 (Thiamin), B2 (Riboflavin), B3 (Niacin), B6 (Pyridoxine), B12 (Hydroxocobalmin), and L-Carnitine (amino acid).
Thiamin is considered the “anti-stress” vitamin due to the fact that it may help strengthen the immune system and assist the body’s ability to withstand stressful conditions. It got it’s name because it was the first discovered Vitamin B.
Vitamin B2 is a requirement of a variety of cellular processes, therefore it is a key contributor to maintaining good health. B2 is essential in energy metabolizing fats, ketones, carbohydrates, and proteins. Beneficial for those with poor eating habits.
B3 can assist in improving cholesterol levels and lower cardiovascular risks. It works by boosting good HDL cholesterol levels and lowering triglycerides.
B6 has been know to balance mood, as it is needed in the formation of serotonin, dopamine, and other neurotransmitters. Additionally, it has been shown to enhance the activity of the immune system to improve the body’s ability to withstand stressful conditions and boost a person’s energy level. Specifically for women, it can help around the menstrual cycle or for PMS symptoms. It’s strong anti-inflammatory properties can help mitigate menstrual cramps and migraines.
Hydroxocobalamin is the most natural form of B12, most commonly found in foods. This type of B12 is longer lasting than other forms of B12 because it binds to the body’s transport system and circulates in the blood longer than other forms of B12. This ensures a more even release of B12 which can aid in an even amount of B12 getting into the cells. This form of B12 can increase energy, aid in weight loss and increase metabolism, lower monocysteine levels and can lead to a balanced immune system, increasing mental clarity and stamina.
L-Carnitine (amino acid)
Amino acid is an essential building block of protein. Because it increases the number of cell receptors in muscles, it can assist in effectively building muscle and burning fat, therefore, increasing energy levels.
Glo Skin Spa is open for your convenience Monday – Friday. We have open office hours during the time of 10am – 2pm on Mondays for weekly B12 injection. Please give us a call if you have further questions! 989-465-7721.
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal can be a long-term solution for unwanted hair for those looking for an alternative to waxing, shaving, and plucking. Laser hair removal has improved in technology from where it was when first FDA-approved in the 90s. The older lasers were painful, slow and only worked on people with dark hair. Today, there are lasers that are specifically designed for various skin tones and hair types. Typically, it only takes a series of a few sessions for permanent hair removal. Most often, clients see results after their first time.
What kind of laser hair removal technology?
At Glo, we have the latest technology in laser hair removal, Forever Bare BBL(broad band light), from Sciton is a revolutionary technology in hair removal. Traditionally, hair removal devices apply all of their energy to any given area all at once. By sending multiple lower fluence pulses at a high repetition rate, Forever Bare BBL provides a treatment that is safe, fast, efficacious, and comfortable. The motion BBL technology allows for extremely even heating of hair follicles and minimizes missed areas that occur with traditional hair removal devices. https://sciton.com/physicians/forever-bare-bbl/
The most comfortable treatment available
In addition to the moving motion technology of the broad band light, there is a cooled sapphire plate on the Forever Bare BBL handpiece which provides continuous cooling, even at maximum power, to keep the skin cool and comfortable before, during and after treatment.
Speed, Safety and Flexibility
A large 15 x 45 mm plate has the highest power that allows for extremely fast treatment times. In addition, by providing energy in multiple bursts instead of all at once, Forever Bare BBL keeps the skin protected and progressively raises the hair follicle temperature to the therapeutic level for optimal laser hair removal. Multiple spot size adapters allow the user to treat large areas quickly and small areas precisely. Smoothie adapters soften the edges of the treatment head to make the treatment more comfortable when using the motion technique.
Is Laser Hair Removal for my skin type?
By increasing the temperature of the hair follicle to therapeutic levels while keeping the skin protected with cooling, Forever Bare BBL can effectively treat several skin types for laser hair removal.
Glowing: a strong feeling of pleasure or wellbeing. That’s exactly what glo Skin Spa desires for its clients.
“If you are a man or woman, when you are glowing on the outside, that penetrates to the inside. You really portray your beauty from the inside out,” said owner Meko Price.
Located on the corner of Jefferson Avenue and Wackerly Street, glo Skin Spa officially opened Jan. 9, at 6225 N. Jefferson Ave., near Jet’s Pizza.
“I want people to come to a place where they can feel good and leave feeling good,” Price said.