Is your skin ready for spring?
After a long winter, your skin has taken a toll – keep in mind, it’s the largest organ on the body. Here are some Glo Staff favorites to brighten up your skin for the spring and summer!
- Drink water like it’s going out of style. This will not only help your digestive system, but helps your skin radiate because it is hydrating your skin as well.
- A great exfoliate will shed the top layer of unwanted dead skin to give a great surface for moisturizer. This could be a physical (scrub) or chemical exfoliation (AHA/BHA from Skin Medica). https://www.skinmedica.com/products/brighten/ahabhaexfoliating
- Moisturize AFTER showers because your skin will be able to absorb when it is clean and saturated with water.
- Your skin needs protection from the sun, not just during the summer months. An SPF can be applied in the morning after your regular moisturizer. Our favorite is https://www.skinmedica.com/Products/Protect
- Take daily Omega 3 to help achieve and maintain great skin. Omegas help by regulating oil production. We like https://janeiredale.com/us/en/skincare/supplements/skin-omegas.htm
- Try a new spring look for your fingernails and toenails. The hottest colors range from cool nudes to dark and dramatic. https://www.harpersbazaar.com/beauty/nails/g12189903/spring-2018-nail-trends/?slide=1
- Sleep is imperative when trying to maintain healthy skin and body. Recommended 8-10 hours of sleep per night will actually decrease affects of aging on the skin. Additionally, the body and mind will recover during sleep, leading to increased cognition and memory.
- Until you are able to fully enjoy a healthy glow from the sunshine, a great substitution, which will add shimmer and just-stepped-in-from-the-beach look, is a combination of a cream blush combined with a tinted moisturizer, will give you an effortless glow! https://janeiredale.com/us/en/mineral-makeup/all-cheek-makeup.htm
Vitamin 9 A/B
Glo Skin Spa offers a unique nutrient injection therapy that delivers 9 essential vitamins, minerals, amino acids, botanical, directly to the body’s circulation, which provides faster sustained nutritional improvement versus oral supplementation. The vitamins are injected intra-muscularly (IM), which bypasses the gut (stomach and digestive system). This will ensure proper absorption to the organs. We combine a cocktail that consists of B1 (Thiamin), B2 (Riboflavin), B3 (Niacin), B6 (Pyridoxine), B12 (Hydroxocobalmin), and L-Carnitine (amino acid).
Thiamin is considered the “anti-stress” vitamin due to the fact that it may help strengthen the immune system and assist the body’s ability to withstand stressful conditions. It got it’s name because it was the first discovered Vitamin B.
Vitamin B2 is a requirement of a variety of cellular processes, therefore it is a key contributor to maintaining good health. B2 is essential in energy metabolizing fats, ketones, carbohydrates, and proteins. Beneficial for those with poor eating habits.
B3 can assist in improving cholesterol levels and lower cardiovascular risks. It works by boosting good HDL cholesterol levels and lowering triglycerides.
B6 has been know to balance mood, as it is needed in the formation of serotonin, dopamine, and other neurotransmitters. Additionally, it has been shown to enhance the activity of the immune system to improve the body’s ability to withstand stressful conditions and boost a person’s energy level. Specifically for women, it can help around the menstrual cycle or for PMS symptoms. It’s strong anti-inflammatory properties can help mitigate menstrual cramps and migraines.
Hydroxocobalamin is the most natural form of B12, most commonly found in foods. This type of B12 is longer lasting than other forms of B12 because it binds to the body’s transport system and circulates in the blood longer than other forms of B12. This ensures a more even release of B12 which can aid in an even amount of B12 getting into the cells. This form of B12 can increase energy, aid in weight loss and increase metabolism, lower monocysteine levels and can lead to a balanced immune system, increasing mental clarity and stamina.
L-Carnitine (amino acid)
Amino acid is an essential building block of protein. Because it increases the number of cell receptors in muscles, it can assist in effectively building muscle and burning fat, therefore, increasing energy levels.
Glo Skin Spa is open for your convenience Monday – Friday. We have open office hours during the time of 10am – 2pm on Mondays for weekly B12 injection. Please give us a call if you have further questions! 989-465-7721.
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal can be a long-term solution for unwanted hair for those looking for an alternative to waxing, shaving, and plucking. Laser hair removal has improved in technology from where it was when first FDA-approved in the 90s. The older lasers were painful, slow and only worked on people with dark hair. Today, there are lasers that are specifically designed for various skin tones and hair types. Typically, it only takes a series of a few sessions for permanent hair removal. Most often, clients see results after their first time.
What kind of laser hair removal technology?
At Glo, we have the latest technology in laser hair removal, Forever Bare BBL(broad band light), from Sciton is a revolutionary technology in hair removal. Traditionally, hair removal devices apply all of their energy to any given area all at once. By sending multiple lower fluence pulses at a high repetition rate, Forever Bare BBL provides a treatment that is safe, fast, efficacious, and comfortable. The motion BBL technology allows for extremely even heating of hair follicles and minimizes missed areas that occur with traditional hair removal devices. https://sciton.com/physicians/forever-bare-bbl/
The most comfortable treatment available
In addition to the moving motion technology of the broad band light, there is a cooled sapphire plate on the Forever Bare BBL handpiece which provides continuous cooling, even at maximum power, to keep the skin cool and comfortable before, during and after treatment.
Speed, Safety and Flexibility
A large 15 x 45 mm plate has the highest power that allows for extremely fast treatment times. In addition, by providing energy in multiple bursts instead of all at once, Forever Bare BBL keeps the skin protected and progressively raises the hair follicle temperature to the therapeutic level for optimal laser hair removal. Multiple spot size adapters allow the user to treat large areas quickly and small areas precisely. Smoothie adapters soften the edges of the treatment head to make the treatment more comfortable when using the motion technique.
Is Laser Hair Removal for my skin type?
By increasing the temperature of the hair follicle to therapeutic levels while keeping the skin protected with cooling, Forever Bare BBL can effectively treat several skin types for laser hair removal.
Glowing: a strong feeling of pleasure or wellbeing. That’s exactly what glo Skin Spa desires for its clients.
“If you are a man or woman, when you are glowing on the outside, that penetrates to the inside. You really portray your beauty from the inside out,” said owner Meko Price.
Located on the corner of Jefferson Avenue and Wackerly Street, glo Skin Spa officially opened Jan. 9, at 6225 N. Jefferson Ave., near Jet’s Pizza.
“I want people to come to a place where they can feel good and leave feeling good,” Price said.