Our immune systems vary with the seasons. Winter, in particular, is known to be particularly harsh, likely due to more time indoors and restricted blood vessels. Add the flu, COVID-19, and other common illnesses to the mix and the full picture comes together: It’s more important than ever to ensure you have a healthy immune system.
One of the quickest and most effective ways to give yourself a boost is with an IV infusion or IM vitamin injection. While these terms may sound intimidating, they’re anything but. Here’s what you need to know about these quick, immune-boosting treatments.
What are IV infusion and IM injection?
IV infusion is exactly what it sounds like: an intravenous injection where a formula of fluid is delivered directly into the body. It is the quickest way to deliver the products (vitamins, fluids, nutrients, etc.) throughout the body. Since the fluid is injected directly into the veins, there’s no time spent waiting for absorption through the digestive system. As the name suggests, this is administered like a traditional IV, so bring an iPad or book to read while you’re getting treated.
An IM injection, on the other hand, is a quick shot that directly injects the formula of vitamins and nutrients into your veins for an even more immediate benefit that can help you to feel and look your best right away. On a particularly bad day, a quick injection could be a massive mood and productivity changer.
How does it work?
When a vitamin is injected (either intravenously or directly into the body), it goes straight to the bloodstream, bypassing the digestive system traditional vitamins go through first. This means any potential deficiency is able to be addressed right away and you’ll be able to reap the benefits without any waiting period.
Which one is right for me?
All IV infusion and IM injections are a great way to hit the reset button and provide an immediate boost to the system, but depending on your specific ailment, we’re here to help to tailor the treatment. Check out our menu below:
IV Infusion formulas
- Hydrate: Perfect for recovery from a night out and a great way to nourish your body, this formula contains magnesium, B complex, calcium, and vitamin C.
- Defend: A great choice for winter, strengthen your immune system and feel better faster with vitamin C, glutathione, and zinc.
- Energize: Revive your energy, boost metabolism, and recover faster with B-complex and amino acids.
- Glō: Support your hair, skin, and nails with B-complex, vitamin C, and biotin.
The IVs typically take anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes to administer and you’re free to Netflix and chill, check emails, or just revel in the silence during the treatment. Afterward, you’ll be equipped to face whatever comes your way.
- B Complex: Help the body turn fat into energy while supplying you with powerful antioxidants.
- Glutathione: Fight the signs of aging and reverse the effects of free radicals with the body’s most important antioxidant.
- D3: Enhance your mood and alleviate muscle aches.
- Immune Boost: Boost your immune system and improve your health with this powerful, multi-factor infusion option.
The injections are as quick as your flu shot, and our recommended cadence is getting your chosen shot once per week for maximum impact — we suggest the Immune Boost for the highest protection right now.
Still, if you’re unsure which one is right for you, we can discuss in-office to treat and address your specific needs and desires. Curious about adding a boost to your day? Come learn more and start improving your overall health: Book online today or call us at (989) 214-1973.