In the News
Collagen Builder through Microneedling
Microneedling is Collagen Induction Therapy. Glo Skin Spa uses the most effective therapeutic device called microneedling device, or Rejuvapen. This is a device that uses tiny needles to puncture the skin to help build collagen.
How does it work?
Ever burn your arm or hand from cooking? After the pain goes away, you probably noticed new skin emerging from beneath the burned skin. It looks like the old skin, but most likely more plump and rejuvenated. This is because when skin is damaged, whether by accident or on purpose (i.e., microneedling), the new skin emerging underneath is healing, additionally, forcing the body and skin to produce new collagen. Collagen can be found in the skin, bones, cartilage, tendons, blood vessels, etc. As early as the age of 30, our production of collagen is reduced, which is the reason we are all on the quest to replace it!
Skin Types Treated
Most skin types are candidates for microneedling. Typically, we see the best results with all type of skin
In addition to the entire face, microneedling is also done on the neck, decollete, hands, and any other areas that may have scaring or collagen loss. Our experts at Glo will deliberately numb the areas prior to treatment. For those that suffer from scarring or pigmentation, microneedling can be very effective. Depending on the severity, results can be visible after the first treatment. Typically, it will take a few treatments to see the visible benefits.
No makeup and wash with cool water and a mild cleanser for the first 24 hours post microneedling procedure. The redness typically subsides in 2-4 days then normal face cleansing routine can be done.
Why Micorneedling is Different at Glo
At Glo, we use a combination of three essential ingredients, which provide the best collagen-building results. We combine growth factors, peptides and hyaluronic acid serum which is spread onto the face prior to the (Rejuvapen) micro needling procedure. When the tiny needles break the surface of the skin, this allows the growth factors, peptides and hyaluronic acid to penetrate deeper into the skin for a better result, therefore increasing the collagen rebuild of the skin.
Please feel free to give us a call to schedule an appointment or consultation today! 989-465-7721.
Makeup by Jane Iredale
Friday, May 11, 2018
10AM – 1PM
Glo Skin Spa 6225 Jefferson Ave., Midland, MI 48640
Our makeup professionals will be offering a free afternoon of makeup education; discussing new trends, teaching application tips and tricks and answering any questions about makeup that you may have. This is the perfect chance to grab a gift card for the mom in your life or treat yourself to new makeup from Jane Iredale!
All makeup will be 20% off and we will be featuring limited edition spring items!
Light lunch will be provided to all attending. We look forward to spending the day with you!
Please RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org or 989-465-7721
Is your skin ready for spring?
After a long winter, your skin has taken a toll – keep in mind, it’s the largest organ on the body. Here are some Glo Staff favorites to brighten up your skin for the spring and summer!
- Drink water like it’s going out of style. This will not only help your digestive system, but helps your skin radiate because it is hydrating your skin as well.
- A great exfoliate will shed the top layer of unwanted dead skin to give a great surface for moisturizer. This could be a physical (scrub) or chemical exfoliation (AHA/BHA from Skin Medica). https://www.skinmedica.com/products/brighten/ahabhaexfoliating
- Moisturize AFTER showers because your skin will be able to absorb when it is clean and saturated with water.
- Your skin needs protection from the sun, not just during the summer months. An SPF can be applied in the morning after your regular moisturizer. Our favorite is https://www.skinmedica.com/Products/Protect
- Take daily Omega 3 to help achieve and maintain great skin. Omegas help by regulating oil production. We like https://janeiredale.com/us/en/skincare/supplements/skin-omegas.htm
- Try a new spring look for your fingernails and toenails. The hottest colors range from cool nudes to dark and dramatic. https://www.harpersbazaar.com/beauty/nails/g12189903/spring-2018-nail-trends/?slide=1
- Sleep is imperative when trying to maintain healthy skin and body. Recommended 8-10 hours of sleep per night will actually decrease affects of aging on the skin. Additionally, the body and mind will recover during sleep, leading to increased cognition and memory.
- Until you are able to fully enjoy a healthy glow from the sunshine, a great substitution, which will add shimmer and just-stepped-in-from-the-beach look, is a combination of a cream blush combined with a tinted moisturizer, will give you an effortless glow! https://janeiredale.com/us/en/mineral-makeup/all-cheek-makeup.htm
Vitamin 9 A/B
Glo Skin Spa offers a unique nutrient injection therapy that delivers 9 essential vitamins, minerals, amino acids, botanical, directly to the body’s circulation, which provides faster sustained nutritional improvement versus oral supplementation. The vitamins are injected intra-muscularly (IM), which bypasses the gut (stomach and digestive system). This will ensure proper absorption to the organs. We combine a cocktail that consists of B1 (Thiamin), B2 (Riboflavin), B3 (Niacin), B6 (Pyridoxine), B12 (Hydroxocobalmin), and L-Carnitine (amino acid).
Thiamin is considered the “anti-stress” vitamin due to the fact that it may help strengthen the immune system and assist the body’s ability to withstand stressful conditions. It got it’s name because it was the first discovered Vitamin B.
Vitamin B2 is a requirement of a variety of cellular processes, therefore it is a key contributor to maintaining good health. B2 is essential in energy metabolizing fats, ketones, carbohydrates, and proteins. Beneficial for those with poor eating habits.
B3 can assist in improving cholesterol levels and lower cardiovascular risks. It works by boosting good HDL cholesterol levels and lowering triglycerides.
B6 has been know to balance mood, as it is needed in the formation of serotonin, dopamine, and other neurotransmitters. Additionally, it has been shown to enhance the activity of the immune system to improve the body’s ability to withstand stressful conditions and boost a person’s energy level. Specifically for women, it can help around the menstrual cycle or for PMS symptoms. It’s strong anti-inflammatory properties can help mitigate menstrual cramps and migraines.
Hydroxocobalamin is the most natural form of B12, most commonly found in foods. This type of B12 is longer lasting than other forms of B12 because it binds to the body’s transport system and circulates in the blood longer than other forms of B12. This ensures a more even release of B12 which can aid in an even amount of B12 getting into the cells. This form of B12 can increase energy, aid in weight loss and increase metabolism, lower monocysteine levels and can lead to a balanced immune system, increasing mental clarity and stamina.
L-Carnitine (amino acid)
Amino acid is an essential building block of protein. Because it increases the number of cell receptors in muscles, it can assist in effectively building muscle and burning fat, therefore, increasing energy levels.
Glo Skin Spa is open for your convenience Monday – Friday. We have open office hours during the time of 10am – 2pm on Mondays for weekly B12 injection. Please give us a call if you have further questions! 989-465-7721.