Is your skin ready for spring?
After a long winter, your skin has taken a toll – keep in mind, it’s the largest organ on the body. Here are some Glo Staff favorites to brighten up your skin for the spring and summer!
- Drink water like it’s going out of style. This will not only help your digestive system, but helps your skin radiate because it is hydrating your skin as well.
- A great exfoliate will shed the top layer of unwanted dead skin to give a great surface for moisturizer. This could be a physical (scrub) or chemical exfoliation (AHA/BHA from Skin Medica). https://www.skinmedica.com/products/brighten/ahabhaexfoliating
- Moisturize AFTER showers because your skin will be able to absorb when it is clean and saturated with water.
- Your skin needs protection from the sun, not just during the summer months. An SPF can be applied in the morning after your regular moisturizer. Our favorite is https://www.skinmedica.com/Products/Protect
- Take daily Omega 3 to help achieve and maintain great skin. Omegas help by regulating oil production. We like https://janeiredale.com/us/en/skincare/supplements/skin-omegas.htm
- Try a new spring look for your fingernails and toenails. The hottest colors range from cool nudes to dark and dramatic. https://www.harpersbazaar.com/beauty/nails/g12189903/spring-2018-nail-trends/?slide=1
- Sleep is imperative when trying to maintain healthy skin and body. Recommended 8-10 hours of sleep per night will actually decrease affects of aging on the skin. Additionally, the body and mind will recover during sleep, leading to increased cognition and memory.
- Until you are able to fully enjoy a healthy glow from the sunshine, a great substitution, which will add shimmer and just-stepped-in-from-the-beach look, is a combination of a cream blush combined with a tinted moisturizer, will give you an effortless glow! https://janeiredale.com/us/en/mineral-makeup/all-cheek-makeup.htm